List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    Re: Move of kglobalacceld from plasma-workspace to kglobalaccel framework
From:       Alex Merry <alex.merry () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-10-03 11:16:14

On 2014-09-17 10:47, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just prepared moving kglobalacceld from plasma-workspace into
> kglobalaccel.
> You can find the code in my personal clone of kglobalaccel at [1] in
> branch
> master.
>
> The following steps were performed so far:
> * filter-branch on plasma-workspace to just have all kglobalacceld
> commits
> * move all files to src/runtime
> * merge code in kglobalaccel
> * adjust CMakeLists to find additionally needed dependencies for
> runtime part
> * raise tier to 3 in metadata
>
> Please have a look at it, whether I have forgotten something or should
> do
> something differently.

Git history looks sensible.

> Things I'm unsure about is:
> * how does the raise of framework needs to be reflected in cmake

It doesn't.

> * how do one expose the different licences?

A License section in README.md?

> * is it needed to export the new dependencies? After all they are just
> runtime
> deps?

No, because they are not needed at compile-time by software that uses
KGlobalAccel.

Do we want an option to disable compilation of the runtime? Is the
runtime needed on all platforms? I seem to remember some discussion
suggesting it either wasn't or needn't be, but I can't remember the
details.

Alex