List:       kde-enterprise
Subject:    Re: What's good about Usability studies
From:       Arash Zeini <kde () farsikde ! com>
Date:       2001-09-03 19:01:31

On Saturday 01 September 2001 09:23 pm, Matt Clark wrote:

> I would appreciate comments, new ideas, and help in rewriting this section.
>
> ---------------Begin  Text -----------------------
> KDE is the standard desktop in business applications.  Being such, our code
> is held to a higher standard.  KDE must remain responsive to the needs of
> the end user.  Increased usability translates directly to increased
> efficeincy, which inturn increases the bottom line.  User studies improve
> KDE, making it more attractive as an enterprise solution, ultimatly
> increasing its market share.
> --------------End Text-----------------------------

What about this:

KDE aims to be THE standard desktop solution for businesses. In order to
achieve this, it needs to satisfy high quality standards, as well as business
requirements. This means to be responsive to the needs of the end user, which
will in turn increase the usability of KDE and hence the market share.
User studies offer a good way to evaluate and to define the needs of the end
user as well as the corporate user, which is an essential part of developing
any application.

--
Arash