List:       kde-enterprise
Subject:    Re: What's good about Usability studies
From:       Matt Clark <matt () flowine ! com>
Date:       2001-09-03 20:53:25

> At the other hand, I think that that paragraph is not meant for the
> 'corporate types' but more maybe for developers who work on KDE??? That is
> what I understand from Matt's email.

You are exactly right, and thanks for the reply.  This section is written to
developers.  For UCD, developers need to to be engaged in the creation of the
study, see its value, and use it to shape their current projects.

With that being said, there is an old practice in marketing (which is what we
are doing here) that when writting copy, don't write to the customer, but
rather write to who the customer wants to be.  Tapping into the targets
desire is a powerfull motivator for them to buy into your speil.

What this means for the Useability study is that we have to convince
developers that any program worth its salt on the enterprise level is based
on the UCD model, and in order for them to begin programming at that level,
they need to buy into our study and keep it in their code developing toolbox.
 That was a really long sentence, so I hope it was clear! :))

More to come!
Matt