List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] HEAD is now open again
From:       Dominique Devriese <dominique.devriese () student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       2004-01-19 0:58:24

Anne-Marie Mahfouf writes:

> On January 18, 2004 10:17 am, Dominique Devriese wrote:
>> Anne-Marie Mahfouf writes:
>> >  But Coolo said that you must not break compile at the moment so
>> >  maybe wait for the 3.2 release to commit very new stuff.
>>
>> Where did you read that ?  I have already committed a lot of new
>> features to HEAD ( stuff that I had waiting here for quite some
>> time already ), and coolo said something like "HEAD is open for
>> string changes and new features" on core-devel iirc.
> he said "Bug fixing and testing prefered - but technically there is
> nothing that makes features and string changes a problem."  in
> answer to your mail.
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=107437486918854&w=2 I don't
> know what it means, that bug fixing and testing are prefered.  In
> the #kde-devel channel, we think he wanted us to be cautious before
> the release.

Personally, I think he means that he would like us all to be busy
fixing bugs in the branch, but that we are free to commit new features
and string changes in HEAD if we want to.  Not because it is
necessary that HEAD stays stable for another while, but because he
would like us to be working on bugfixing instead.

> Your commits made me aware of the tagging of the BRANCH as Kig did
> not compile yesterday.

*blush*  Yes, I had some merging errors, that didn't show up in a test
compile, because I had test-compiled the wrong directory...

Anyway, it should be fixed now.  There is still another known problem
when building Kig with python scripting enabled, and python 2.3
development headers installed, but I'm working on that.  If you see a
weird compiler error when compiling Kig, try to remove the
python2.3-dev package on your system.  This is because of an
incompatibility between the current Boost.Python version and
python2.3.  The Boost.Python authors say this will be fixed in the new
1.31 version, which should be appearing some time soon.

cheers
domi