List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] status of application discussion
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-18 9:25:44

Hi,

I very much agree with Annma. Let us keep the apps for 3.1, that were in
before until we have something to replace them with. Who knows... we have
great plans, but there were many great plans in history that never were
accomplished ;-)
So let us keep apps that are reasonably good and useful and where we don't
have a replacement for at the moment. Also translators already put work into
them, so it wouldn't be very nice to remove them so short before a release.
Of course discussion is open again after the release.

About KGeo: Klass mentioned severe problems with KGeo. I don't have those, so
I'd rather call it a specific bug. Since the KDE 3.0 version worked very well
and there hasn't been any development in kgeo it must be a bug. Maybe you can
try to find out more about it, Klas? At the moment kgeo has good
functionality, is better tested, is translated  and probably has a number of
users. So I'd say, we can discuss a replacement for KDE 3.2, but not for 3.1.

So far :-)
eva