List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] KLatin GUI - second attempt
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <a-m.mahfouf () lineone ! net>
Date:       2002-06-17 10:47:43

Hi,

Thanks for taking time to have a look at the screenshots. This new design is
committed so you also can try it "live".

> As a sidenote I would prefer similar buttons beeing aligned and of the same
> size (Vocabulary/Grammar/	Verbs)

yes

> Is there a reason why you did not use a wizard style? I mean: clicking on
> Vocabulary/Grammar/Verbs takes you to the next page where you choose topic,
> level and possibly action (learn/test). Or maybe action should be on a
> third "page". On the last page there might be a go button that starts the
> revision or whatever was choosen and takes this dialog back to the
> beginning (not sure about that one yet, but I think it would be
> acceptable).

This design I use is based on a German software one of my kid has. You choose
one action, the rest is disabled then you have another choice among those who
are enabled and so on. Like the "pages" of the wizard except you don't click
on Next.

> Reset is a button that would make sense for a configuration dialog, but I
> think if you use a "wizard" style you only need something like "Cancel" for
> the following pages (not for the initial one).

I did not use the wizard style because I thought it would be too "heavy". I
see a wizard widget as a "one time" dialog (like settings in KDevelop) and in
KLatin, the user should use the setting dialog each time KLatin runs.
But I will try it because it's true that the actual dialog is too crowded!
I am glad to get any suggestion and to give it a go. I'll post the new
screenshots asap (hope to be able to do it before I move which is the 28th
June and I'll be without a connection until 1st August)

KHangMan new GUI is to be credited to Whitehawk Stormchaser as he took
KHangMan over to maintain it :) He did a great job with a much clearer
interface and the kid/adult look.
KLettres is really better with the 2 looks, I must have session management
for it now. Russian language should be added soon.

Anne-Marie