List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] KLatin GUI - second attempt
From:       Klas Kalass <klas.kalass () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-06-16 20:20:31

Am Mittwoch, 12. Juni 2002 23:25 schrieb Anne-Marie Mahfouf:
> Hi all,
>
> I posted this with the screenshots attached earlier but it is too big.
> I found some free webspace and I put a page with the screenshots:
> http://annma.topcities.com/klatin/klatin.html
>
> I followed the indications of Klas (thanks) and redesigned the GUI based on
> the old KLatin.
Thanks for giving me credit :)

Sorry that I did not answer earlier, but I have been really busy.
First I would like to say that I really like the interfaces of khangman (in
child mode ) and klettres (I believe those are yours) and that those are
amongst my favourites in keduca (minimalistic, but pretty and functional).
The new interface for klatin is an improvement, but possibly too crowded. I
know how hard it is to design a good interface, so please don't be mad at me
for nitpicking.
I cannot instantly spot what happens in what order. You explained in the text
which step needs to be followed, but it would be nice if that was not
necessary. It is also not instantly clear what button will activate other
buttons and what button will execute something.

As a sidenote I would prefer similar buttons beeing aligned and of the same
size (Vocabulary/Grammar/	Verbs)

Is there a reason why you did not use a wizard style? I mean: clicking on
Vocabulary/Grammar/Verbs takes you to the next page where you choose topic,
level and possibly action (learn/test). Or maybe action should be on a third
"page". On the last page there might be a go button that starts the revision
or whatever was choosen and takes this dialog back to the beginning (not sure
about that one yet, but I think it would be acceptable).
Reset is a button that would make sense for a configuration dialog, but I
think if you use a "wizard" style you only need something like "Cancel" for
the following pages (not for the initial one).

Greetings,
Klas