List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] And so it begins (libkdeedu)
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-31 13:02:46

On Friday 31 May 2002 11:48 am, Ewald Arnold wrote:

> That is exactly what I had in mind three years ago :-) Choosing short names
> saves space and is no real problem since there are few people understanding
> the whole structure even with the descriptive names.

Ok, well that's easy enough.  That was an easy problem to address.  :-)

I guess then at this point, we'll just support both and leave it to
application developers to decide which they prefer.  I'll go ahead and update
the code that I committed a few days ago to do this (and do some renaming
while I'm at it).

> certainly no problem and should be a user option. There should be some
> plug-in
> mechanism anyway at least for vocabulary files to read/write other formats,
> for example a lot come in csv format.

Once we get something of an API figured out, I would suggest making an
abstract base class with virtual methods that all format specific
implementations would subclass (I know, we'll call it an "interface" -- or
maybe I've just been doing to much Java lately :-) ), including our own
implementation of kvtml.

-Scott