List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] XML and me.....
From:       Klas Kalass <klas.kalass () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-05-29 19:31:34

Good Evening!

Am Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2002 19:53 schrieb Anne-Marie Mahfouf:
> Yes, KEduca and KLatin have a lot in common GUI speaking.
> Are there any  other KDE apps of this type?
I did not search for others yet, but I am not aware of a specific one.

[...]
> > So I prefer the old way of doing dialogs, but those should be reworked.
> > Maybe there is the perfect 3rd solution?
>
> So you prefer having separate windows. But shouldn't they have a menubar,
> toolbar and statusbar in the mainwindow to switch between tasks? The
> one-window as it is in KLatin deny access to other tasks when you are in
> one task.

I don't really know what a menubar is needed for. If it only is there to allow
starting of a new task (I hope we mean the same thing with task:) I would
prefer something like in the attached Screenshot as main interface. If you
are interested in it I will send you the corresponding designer file.

By clicking on one of the buttons a new window is opened (the exercise
dialog/wizard). This one is tuned to its special task of teaching something,
maybe asking some initial questions to know what to teach. If this needs to
be configured maybe a "configure teacher" button could be added to the main
interface, but I am not sure if a configure button is a good idea for a
dialog ;-) But what could need to be configurable anyways?

> > I was thinking about generating a wizard that asks the questions in a
> > KEduca Test/Exam. Maybe that is something for klatin as well?
> >
> :) yes. Especially for grammar and conjugation. What file format do you
> : use?
ATM none :) I am thinking of it, but have not done more than what is in CVS,
and that is basically the same as it was when imported plus some
rearrangements and a small addition gui-wise (keduca files are xml if that is
what you mean).

> Thanks a lot for your answer and I'll keep trying new designs to submit :)
Great, I hope we can find a standard behaviour for this kind of application!

Klas
["klatin-startup.png" (image/png)]