List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] kdeedu@linuxtag2002
From:       Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <bero () redhat ! de>
Date:       2002-05-29 19:08:11

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:

> > Gogo and /me will clean up the code of Kalzium (rename the slots,
> > remove redundancies (however one spells this ;)) and add some
> > minor features.
>
> Cool. Can you have it ready until saturday evening? Then I can do the compile
> on sunday.

I've already talked with matze - I'll add the CVS version to the
distribution when it compiles and upload a new beta right after that,
fixing a couple of other problems along with it. You probably won't
need to build it.

> > I should compile on KDE 3.0.1 though I have no clue what berolinux
> > is.
>
> It' still beta and some convenient things are missing, but it's a free
> distribution.

Ok, now that it has been mentioned, there's not much of a point in keeping
it secret anymore.

* By reading on, you agree not to post anything you will find out to any
bigger news sites, newsgroups, mailing lists with many subscribers, or
other media. If you don't like these terms just hit delete. *

I'm trying to kill off Windows 9x/ME by building a desktop-only version of
Linux that is as easy to use (if not easier) than M$'s overrated
alternative. [Current state of the installer: My 68 years-old mother who
never touched a computer before managed to install it].

It currently works, but needs some more polishing and testing with a wider
range of hardware before it's ready for prime time. (The breakages won't
show up for demoing KDE, so that's ok).

There are a couple of reasons for not making it public in its present
state (among other [partially more important] things, I don't want to feed
the "It's nowhere near Windows" guys by showing them unfinished code),
but if you're seriously interested in giving the beta a test and
submitting feedback (preferrably with fixes ;) ), let me know.

LLaP
bero

--
This message is provided to you under the terms outlined at
http://www.bero.org/terms.html