List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] First Announcement Of KMathCenter
From:       Anne-Marie MAHFOUF <a-m.mahfouf () lineone ! net>
Date:       2002-04-30 21:32:47

> It should be noted though that *some* changes should not be reverted.
> For example, if a document has been modified to conform to the
> guidelines KDE has for them, such as acknowledging all trademarks, or
> to remove text that could be thought of as inflammatory, then the
> change should not be reverted. Doing so would probably mean that the
> program went out with *NO* documentation at all, as KDE could not
> safely distribute it.
>
> Equally, fixes for i18n are *generally* done by people who have a huge
> amount of experience in these things, and should not be reverted
> lightly. Chances are, they would un-revert them ;)

Yes you're true. People who commit changes to cvs know what they do and I am
amazed on how good they are. As soon as KLettres was committed 2 days ago,
some typos were corrected.

As we are on the subject on KDE standards, can I point to a very useful link:
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/standards/kde/style/basics/index.html

You will find here all the standards an application should conform to.
For example, in KLatin, there is a "Okay" button, I don't think it's good!

annma