List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] KLettres
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-30 20:08:27

On Tuesday 30 April 2002 01:27 am, Anne-Marie MAHFOUF wrote:
> The fonts still are a problem. Maybe this could be configurable but how
> does one know on his system which fonts are scalable? (accept a size
> superior to 32?)
> Does KDE detect a default font? For example for KControl?

In KControl you can configure a General font which defaults to "helvetica 12"
if the user hasn't changed it. (KGlobalSettings::generalFont()) There is no
guarantee that this font is available in a large size though.

I could add something like KGlobalSettings::largeFont() and then add some
logic to find a suitable large default font. Would it be enough if
"largeFont()" would return a "approx. 48 pt font"? Is one big font enough or
would you need something like a "large font" and "very large font"?

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian@suse.com