List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] First Announcement Of KMathCenter
From:       dominique devriese <fritmebufstek () pandora ! be>
Date:       2002-04-30 15:21:23

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 12:37:57PM +0200, Christian Parpart wrote:
> Well, KMathCenter *must* not go into HEAD for 3.1 (this really would be nice)
> but I really can wait until 3.2. Nevertheless I can't feel very funny about
> kdenonbeta since there is source code wich mostly isn't able to be compiled
> well (IMHO). I'd rather wait for 3.2 then putting it into kdenonbeta.
>
> Christian Parpat.

Hi, about kdenonbeta:
it _is_ very useful to have your app in kdenonbeta a while before
inclusion in a release.  Kig (my app) has been there for a while, and
I've had help from various people on getting it into shape for KDE:
there are many things you prolly won't think of yourself:
1) docs (you should make them, and you should give people the
opportunity to fix them (you're bound to do things wrong :)
2) fixing Makefile.am's and such
3) some bugchecking
furthermore, KDE progs need to be translated, and the docs too.  This
requires the translation teams to have your pot-files, and it is best
to have your prog in kdenonbeta for a while for this, to allow them to
work on it.
bye
domi