List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] First Announcement Of KMathCenter
From:       dominique devriese <fritmebufstek () pandora ! be>
Date:       2002-04-30 10:33:16

Op dinsdag 30 april 2002 12:09, schreef Sebastian Stein:
> Am Dienstag, 30. April 2002 10:18 schrieb Christian Parpart:
> > I would be really really very happy if you feel free to download it,
>
> Ok, I was only able to have a look at the screenshots, because I have not
> installed KDE 3 yet. It really looks great, but there is a tool called
> kmplot allready included into the kdeedu package. I think both tools are
> doing the same job. I can not say which tool is better... But I think it
> would not make sence to have 2 tools included doing the same.
Hi, I think kmathtool is much simpler compared to KMathCenter, but it does
make sense to merge the two...

> > about OpenGL
>
> I know OpenGL is great, but installing it on Linux is not that easy. I mean
> on my workstation I have no problem with it, but on my laptop... Wouldn't
> it be possible to provide a layer so the user can switch between opengl
> (fast) and normal qt drawings (maybe slow) at runtime?
>
> Another thing I like to say is, that you should look at KMathTool, KiG and
> at my Bruch program. Maybe we can combine all these programs to one big app
> to provide a full functional mathematical tool. Just a thought...
I must say I like the idea...
Especially Bruch, KMathTool and KMathCenter are very related...
The merged prog could e.g. have an object system: objects would be things like
points, coordinates, values, functions, which different tools could operate
on (e.g. a tool "integrate", which operates on a function and returns a
function, a tool "solve", which operates on a function and returns a
value/list of values...) This should be presented to the user in a
straightforward way. (Interesting note: the object system would easily allow
for scripting combined with the KJS (javascript) library...)
I don't really see how Kig would fit in, however... it doesn't really operate
on values or functions, but on figures and objects...

just my two ¢ ...
domi