List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] First Announcement Of KMathCenter
From:       Christian Parpart <cparpart () surakware ! net>
Date:       2002-04-30 10:37:57

Anne-Marie MAHFOUF inspired the electrons to say:
> On Tuesday 30 Apr 2002 11:09 am, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> > Another thing I like to say is, that you should look at KMathTool, KiG
> > and at my Bruch program. Maybe we can combine all these programs to one
> > big app to provide a full functional mathematical tool. Just a thought...
>
> Yes, I am all for that. It seems difficult to include KMathCenter in HEAD
> for 3.1 due to the OpenGl problem and due to the fact that we already have
> KmPlot.

Well, KMathCenter *must* not go into HEAD for 3.1 (this really would be nice)
but I really can wait until 3.2. Nevertheless I can't feel very funny about
kdenonbeta since there is source code wich mostly isn't able to be compiled
well (IMHO). I'd rather wait for 3.2 then putting it into kdenonbeta.

> I would say KMathCenter will go in the kdenonbeta module then you should
> see what to do for 3.2. Unify Kig, KmPlot, KGeo, Bruch and KMathCenter,
> maybe KMathTool as well. Define long term orientation.
>
> Just my opinion but if a majority is for KMathCenter in HEAD, no problem.
>
> annma

Christian Parpat.