Op dinsdag 30 april 2002 12:09, schreef Sebastian Stein: > Am Dienstag, 30. April 2002 10:18 schrieb Christian Parpart: > > I would be really really very happy if you feel free to download it, > > Ok, I was only able to have a look at the screenshots, because I have not > installed KDE 3 yet. It really looks great, but there is a tool called > kmplot allready included into the kdeedu package. I think both tools are > doing the same job. I can not say which tool is better... But I think it > would not make sence to have 2 tools included doing the same. Hi, I think kmathtool is much simpler compared to KMathCenter, but it does make sense to merge the two... > > > about OpenGL > > I know OpenGL is great, but installing it on Linux is not that easy. I mean > on my workstation I have no problem with it, but on my laptop... Wouldn't > it be possible to provide a layer so the user can switch between opengl > (fast) and normal qt drawings (maybe slow) at runtime? > > Another thing I like to say is, that you should look at KMathTool, KiG and > at my Bruch program. Maybe we can combine all these programs to one big app > to provide a full functional mathematical tool. Just a thought... I must say I like the idea... Especially Bruch, KMathTool and KMathCenter are very related... The merged prog could e.g. have an object system: objects would be things like points, coordinates, values, functions, which different tools could operate on (e.g. a tool "integrate", which operates on a function and returns a function, a tool "solve", which operates on a function and returns a value/list of values...) This should be presented to the user in a straightforward way. (Interesting note: the object system would easily allow for scripting combined with the KJS (javascript) library...) I don't really see how Kig would fit in, however... it doesn't really operate on values or functions, but on figures and objects... just my two ¢ ... domi > > Steinchen _______________________________________________ kde-edu-devel mailing list kde-edu-devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-edu-devel