List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu-devel] Re: still kdeedu
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-26 7:01:23

Am Freitag, 26. April 2002 08:40 schrieb Éric Bischoff:

> This way the user can choose the language of the sounds, while still
> having a fully Italian program interface.

Thank you very much.

> The translations inside the XML file itself can go through the i18n
> process too or not. For ktuberling they don't do that anymore, the
> persons adding localized sounds are now supposed to modify directly the
> XML file. Recording sounds is such a work that it doesn't change much to
> have this small extra work done without kbabel.

My problem with this approach is not the amount of extra work. My problem is
how to make sure that _every_ translation team is aware of requirements
like this.

The only effective solution so far was to have a POT file pop up in
kde-i18n/templates with some strings to translate and a few comments what
these strings are about.

Regards,

Thomas

--