List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: [kde-edu]: Re: kdeedu
From:       Sebastian Stein <seb.stein () hpfsc ! de>
Date:       2002-04-25 5:11:22

Am Mittwoch, 24. April 2002 23:12 schrieb Anne-Marie MAHFOUF:
> Please read the following carefully.
> I don't know what to think. I feel he mixes internationalization with data.

Yes, he do.

> I don't feel like carrying on without asking kde-core whether the kdeedu
> module should go on or what.

You can do this, but you see it is hard to describe the people the problems
between data and i18n who are involved in the edu development. So how could
you do this for people not knowing kdeedu very well? I think the answers you
will get would not be very helpful.

> I cannot imagine a kind of policy which would exclude all languages apps
> (which are the most asked for from users).

That is not the point and I think most people understood what the problem is.
We really need this kind of apps but we also have to see if we can make them
more universal. That would be the point to go into the policy:

"Try to make your program universal and not connected to a specific language.
The data sets should be loaded from standardized files so that it is easy to
create a new data set for another language."

> I feel a bit low this evening, I don't know what to answer to Thomas, I
> don't know what to think.

Well, I see a great step into the right direction. We are talking about a
common look and feel, a way to configure the apps in one place and to make
the apps more universal. That's great and we should go on!

Steinchen
--
http://www.hpfsc.de/ - die Seite rund um:
Assembler, Bundeswehr, TFT LCDs, Halle/Saale, Fahrradtouren,