List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Usability and Style issues in KDEdu
From:       Sebastian Stein <s5228 () informatik ! htw-dresden ! de>
Date:       2002-04-17 20:37:45

Am Mittwoch, 17. April 2002 20:04 schrieb Scott Wheeler:
> Hmm.  Well, there is a KDE style guide.  If the differences are not too
> large between all of the other KDE apps, I find it hard to accept that
> KDEdu apps are just to different to have a style guide.

Maybe I understand the style guide term not write. I thought all apps should
have the same GUI with the same menubar and so on. But you mean a consistens
between the different apps. That would be very ok and is really needed.

> > I also do not like the idea to have only one big KDEdu app providing all
> > games and tests under one big GUI. But maybe we can write one app for
> > each subject/topic like mathematic including all realized and planned
> > apps under one GUI.
> > These subject apps can be based on one concept with one code base. I
> > think a kind of plugin mechanism would be needed.
>
> Hmm.  I wasn't trying to suggest this.  I think individual apps is
> certainly preferable.  But they should be a "unit" that fits together
> loosly by look and feel.

Yes, you are right. It was my idea ;-) I think the unix approach for each
task one very specialized tool is very good, but it is better to combine
these different tools under one (for each subject/topic) gui.

Steinchen
--
http://www.hpfsc.de/ - die Seite rund um:
Assembler, Bundeswehr, TFT LCDs, Halle/Saale, Fahrradtouren,