List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-edu-devel] format of ktopo mapfiles
From:       Ewald Arnold <kvoctrain () ewald-arnold ! de>
Date:       2001-12-29 15:40:43

Hello,

> Firstly I don't have any real experience with XML, so I'm not sure what
> would be a good way to store the data in XML. Secondly there're the
> translations for strings in this data file, such as "Paris", "London",
> "France", etc. Should there be a different topofile for every language
> (that would seem to have quite come redundancy) or should translations be
> stored in the XML, something like < ... name="Paris" nl="Parijs" za="[...]"
> ... >? Or is there maybe another, better, way to handle these translations?

I'd suggest to extract the strings you need for translation. Something
similar already exists in cvs under kdesdk/scripts/extractrc for the *.ui
files. It retrieves the strings and creates a c++ file. I never used it
myself but after inserting your tags in the variable $textstring it might
work for you.

cheers
Ewald

--