List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [Kde-edu-devel] Fwd: [Event] KDE-Edu auf dem 4. Chemnitzer Linux-Tag?
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annma () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-10 22:04:21

Hi all,

An invitation but I think it will be in german .......I cannot manage :(
Anyone interested?

annma

Subject: Re: [Event] KDE-Edu auf dem 4. Chemnitzer Linux-Tag?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:33:37 +0100
From: Daniel Schreiber <daniel.schreiber@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>
To: "Anne-Marie" <a-m.mahfouf@lineone.net>

Am Montag, 10. Dezember 2001 19:14 schrieben Sie:
> Sorry, I just speak english and french.
> Could you have it translated?

Hi Anne-Marie,

Oops, I am very sorry. I somehow thought to have read you were german. Ok.
This mail is about the 4. Chemnitzer Linux-Tag which will take place on March
09th and 10th 2002 in Chemnitz/Germany. In Chemnitz and other cities nearby
we have many schools that think of changing their NT infrastruture to a Linux
based installation. Many schools in Germany use Linux as a backend / dialin
server, because there is a special Linux distribution for this purpose. This
distribution was developed by a teacher who teaches in a school in Chemnitz
and who is very active in the Linux in schools movement.

As many teachers know that teacher (Reiner Klapproth) and Reiner gave
speeches on the last Linux-Tag, many of our visitors are interested in this
topic. So we thought of extending the topic into the frontend area. That is
what we need you and the KDE-EDU project for. If we can show the teachers a
way to go to step by step migrate to a Linux-mainly environment, we can
invite all schools in saxony (our region) to visit us. It would be a massive
PR event if a large percentage of the teachers who take care for the
computers in schools would come to our Linux-Tag.

In Germany, the federal parliament is discussing about changing from Windows
NT to Linux, the federal gouvernment already has changed a lot of systems. So
the Linux movement NOW gets a lot of attention in the media. We should use
this attention to get the schools on to the right direction.

Who we are and what we do

The Chemnitzer Linux-Tag is an event organized by the local Linux User Group,
IN Chemnitz e.V. and the computing centre of our University. Since 4 years
this event is the biggest and most important Linux event in eastern Germany
(the former GDR/RDA). Most of the organizers are students of the university,
some are staff members of the university.
Chemnitzer Linux-Tag is a non-profit event, but we have some sponsors to give
us some support.
We have several parallel speeches, many practical demonstrations, a helpdesk
including a installparty and some workshops.

We would be very glad if the KDE-EDU project could participate in this event.
It would be a very rich contribution.

Thanks for listening,

Daniel
- --