List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [Kde-edu-devel] Re: [kde-edu]: New project - KPercentage
From:       Sebastian Stein <s5228 () informatik ! htw-dresden ! de>
Date:       2001-12-10 21:03:41

Am Montag, 10. Dezember 2001 20:45 schrieb Matthias Messmer:
> We have had a loop there before. And probably there will be a usable
> combination of values that build a task with integers in finite time...

I think you will get a solution in a short time and there is no risk to
produce a endless loop.

The other problem I noticed with the current implementation was, that
sometimes it was not possible to enter the fitting value. I think this is
because of non integer values for the solution. I would not allow any float
data for the task, because the think is to learn percentage tasks and not how
to use a calculator.

> All the application is'nt time-critical. So a few if controls doesnt
> matter.

That's right and I think your way was good as well.

> Perhaps you would like to implement a function, which dffers between "easy"
> and "difficult" tasks. That not only points to the size of the numbers.

Well, let's call the randomizer function with 2 parameters one for the
maximum size of the base and one for the max. size of the percent. Calling
the function with the right values is to be done by the GUI -> call the
function with parameters given through a list box or something else. There is
no need for different functions. In my example you only have to change the
values for limit and limit_percent...

> P.S.: Perhaps things like this should better be discussed in kde-edu-devel
> list ?

Well right, I've subscribe to the list some minutes ago and send a copy to
this list just for consistence... ;-)

Steinchen
--
http://www.hpfsc.de/ - die Seite rund um:
Assembler, Bundeswehr, TFT LCDs, Halle/Saale, Fahrradtouren,