List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: URGENT: Rocs inclusion and kdeedu module future
From:       RalfGesellensetter <rgx () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-11-05 22:37:21

Hi Matt,

I enjoyed reading your most interesting considerations.

Am Wednesday, 4. November 2009 schrieb Matt Williams:
> While I do like the idea of a kdescience module I think that in the
> long-run, marketing kdeedu as an almost standalone package could be a
> good thing.

I would add another pro of kdeedu: there is a good synergy between its
applications that are re-using libraries and sharing formats (like kvml)

As for Rocs: Just heard about it and am getting curious.
I like graph theory -- and am aware that there are approaches to teach
parts of it to students aged 12+ (riddles, puzzles like hamilton cycle,
but also Dijkstra).

Until now I only knew graphthing (Debian package). Now I wonder if Roc
(as part of kdeedu) addresses younger students in a particular way?

Regards
Ralf