List:       kde-edu
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu]: unified kde-edu style?
From:       arnold.kraschinski () t-online ! de (arnold)
Date:       2002-08-08 7:42:56

Hello,

I think that the GUI suggestions are interesting but don't forget to think
about didactical problems. Somtimes I miss that kind of thoughts here.

For example a programs like KVerbos or KNorskVerb: Often it is mentioned to
extend the program so that it can conjugate other languages. Surely it is
interesting to keep this way open if someone comes and says I do the
conjugation class for - let's say - Frensh. To extend KVerbos only such
classes would be necessary. But for a learner this isn't interesting. More
interesting would be to offer exercises in sentences because this is
interesting from a didactically point of view.

Or KBruch: The program is intersting. But from a didactically point of view
there are missing some things. For example:
- a visual representation of fractions in circles, rectangeles, ... for
beginners
- the possibility to practic conversions from fractions to decimal numbers and
vica versa.  1/8 = 0.125
- the calculation with 'mixed numbers' like  2 1/3 + 5 1/7 =
- train actions like   1/3 = 3/9 or   15/45 = 1/3. I don't know the Englisch
words for this actions.

> > - font-sizes
> > - simplified menu-structures/systems
> > - color-schemes
> > - use of images
> > - sounds
> > - logos/splash-screens
> > - a unified scoring/motivational-system (extended kfeeder?)
> > - "gameplay" (or how to make edu-software fun to use)
>
> You are very right and at the moment I don't know a point to add.

Maybe it would be interesting to adjust the programs to the screen resolution.
For example 800x600 or others.
For mathematical programs it would be interesting to configure if a '.' or a
',' is used in decimal numbers.

Arnold