List:       kde-docbook
Subject:    Updated documentation
From:       Frederik Fouvry fouvry () sfs ! nphil ! uni-tuebingen ! de
Date:       2000-12-11 18:30:03

(Moved list: only SGML technical issues remain)

,-- Op Mon, 11 Dec heeft Adriaan de Groot me het volgende geschreven:

[...]

| that stuff. [One thing I'm missing on i18.kde.org is "I'm a developer and
| have NO idea how to coordinate with the i18n team, what now?"]

I think you did the right thing ;-)

[...]

| OK, this affects me only in two places: I currently have the docs split
| into multiple files and I have two application-specific entities (&kpilot;
| and &pilot; -- I guess I can replace &kpilot; with &appname;).

No: &kpilot; is defined already.  That means that you still need:
<!ENTITY kappname "&kpilot;"> but no other entities (like versions
etc.).  Is &pilot; supposed to refer to the "original thing"?  In that
case there are two options: we add it to the list of KDE general
entities, or you don't use an entity.  If it's not very frequent, I
think the last solution is to be preferred.

| Now that you mention template.docbook I've looked at it again and a fair
| bit has changed since I first wrote docbook docs for KPilot. I still think
| that
|
| 	<!ENTITY kappname "&kapp;" -- blabla >
|
| is confusing in the example, but hey.

True, but there's no way round it: it's the "parameter" for texts in
which only the application name varies (i.e. the entity name cannot
vary!), but the few scraps of readability that remain disappear
completely if &kappname; is used everywhere, plus it does not allow
for the use of KDE-general entities.  Well, it does, but once they're
defined, the proper names can be used just as well.  (So, don't use
&kappname; in the text.)

[...]

--
Frederik Fouvry		-	fouvry@sfs.nphil.uni-tuebingen.de