List:       kde-docbook
Subject:    Updated documentation
From:       Adriaan de Groot adridg () cs ! kun ! nl
Date:       2000-12-11 20:03:23

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Frederik Fouvry wrote:
> | OK, this affects me only in two places: I currently have the docs split
> | into multiple files and I have two application-specific entities (&kpilot;
> | and &pilot; -- I guess I can replace &kpilot; with &appname;).
>
> No: &kpilot; is defined already.  That means that you still need:
> <!ENTITY kappname "&kpilot;"> but no other entities (like versions
> etc.).  Is &pilot; supposed to refer to the "original thing"?  In that
> case there are two options: we add it to the list of KDE general
> entities, or you don't use an entity.  If it's not very frequent, I
> think the last solution is to be preferred.

&pilot; is supposed to refer to the original 3Com Palm Pilot (tm) or
whatever -- I had it defined to <application>Pilot</application>, for
reasons that escape me right now. I doubt it's sufficiently frequent to
make it to the general list.

> for the use of KDE-general entities.  Well, it does, but once they're
> defined, the proper names can be used just as well.  (So, don't use
> &kappname; in the text.)

Gotcha .. I hope this whole discussion leads to docs that are easy to
polish up to production quality.