List:       kde-docbook
Subject:    Re: using <legalnotice> with something other than FDL
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2011-10-28 16:52:15

написане Thu, 27 Oct 2011 07:19:10 +0300, Robby Stephenson
<robby@periapsis.org>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm the primary author of Tellico (http://tellico-project.org) and it was
> recently brought to my attention that the licensing information I had
> included in the Tellico documentation was failing to render correctly in
> khelpcenter.
>
> Essentially, in addition to licensing the Tellico documentation under the
> GNU FDL, I have released it with a triple-license under the GPL and BSD
> Documentation License. This was done back in 2006, largely in response to
> the Debian resolution considering whether to remove FDL-licensed
> documentation.
>
> I'd like to keep that triple license, and as far as I know, KDE requires
> the
> FDL license for documentation, but does not limit to just the FDL.
> Please
> correct me if someone knows better. I'm basing that on what I read at
> http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy
>
> However, looking at the kde-chunk.xsl file in
> kdelibs/kdoctools/customization, the <legalnotice> element is hard-coded
> just show a link to the FDL, no matter what I actually write inside the
> <legalnotice> element.
>
> I would consider that a bug, but is there a workaround? Or does anyone
> know
> why that decision was made? Is there an alternate element for non-FDL
> licensing info in KDE documentation? Should I try to figure out a patch
> change the behavior?
>
> Thanks,
> Robby

Hi!

I might be wrong, but it seems there is no other way to change the
defaults than redefining legalnotice in custom XSL (at least my
experiments does not give any hints on this) and meinproc4 with the
default cmake rules always generates HTML using kdelibs defaults.

Thomas Friedrichsmeier found the similar problem with the defaults:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-docbook&m=131914513818028&w=2

It may happen that he can find the solution.

Best regards,
Yuri