List:       kde-devel
Subject:    can't rename my desktop icons
From:       Thomas Strauss <thst () strauss-it ! de>
Date:       2001-07-31 9:16:34

Hi,

did anything change in the desktop-area?

After updating kde* from cvs, I found my cdrom-symbol renamed "Dateisystem".
Trying to rename it to "Plextor" failed.

When checking the internals of the desktop file, I found the following

[Desktop Entry]
Dev=/dev/scd1
FSType=Default
Icon=cdrom_mount.xpm
MountPoint=/cdrom/plextor
Name=Plextor
Name[de]=Dateisystem
ReadOnly=0
Type=FSDevice
UnmountIcon=cdrom_unmount.xpm

It displays [de]-name. The desktop file has the new name (is renamed every
time), but the displayed entry is not the renamed one.

So if I use rename on the desktop:

The desktop-file itself is renamed
The entry "Name" is changed
The entry "Name[de]" remains unchanged
The entry "Name[de]" is displayed on the desktop

So it looks like the icon rename had no effect.

When the desktop file does not contain the "Name[de]" entry, everything works
as expected.

Regards
   Thomas

--
Thomas Strauß    | "He breathed in the chill kelp-and-salt scent of the beach;
LeipzigerStr 61  |  the intense familiarity of the scent triggered a million