List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Faster startups by fixing C++ object files before linking (new version and results)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-27 23:07:12

On Friday 27 July 2001 03:30 pm, Leon Bottou wrote:
> My machine is now running objprelinked qt, kdelibs and kdebase.
> On kdelibs, the number of R_386_32 went from 54216 to 15085.
> It feels noticeable faster.  But I would like much faster than that :-).
> Some day I should try again with lazy binding.

I think we should seriously consider to use this for KDE 2.2 by integrating
it into the build system. I had one report though that it failed with
libqt-mt (which links against pthreads) any idea what could be going on there?

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Andrei Sakharov, Exiled 1980-1986, USSR, http://www.aip.org/history/sakharov/