List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: --enable-final broken in kdelibs/kssl
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-07-27 19:49:12

> Wow this looks corrupt.  Some of these messages make no sense to me.  Are you
> sure your kdelibs/kssl is up to date too?  Perhaps the compiler just can't
> handle it?  (I'm using 2.96.x)

Hi!
  My story is as follows:
  1) I updated kdelibs.
  2) I read that OpenSSL-0.9.6 is required to build kssl.
  3) I downloaded and installed OpenSSL-0.9.6b from its sources.
  4) I tried to build kdelibs using the most deep cleanup
     (make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs-clean)
  5) I obtained the above results.
  6) I reconfigured kdelibs and omitted --enable-final.
  7) I compiled kdelibs smoothly.
  8) I verified by accessing the https site and exporting its cert that new kssl works.

  My private feeling is that some KDE code is changing the semantics of the STACK
or other stuff
(it complains about a syntax error before -> but there is no -> in the line it indicates
 so I think some #define is making it crazy).
 I will try to compile again and look to the preprocessed output. Maybe it will tell us
more.
                        With regards, Pavel Troller