List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS question
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-18 6:41:07

Pavel Troller wrote:

Hi,

with KDevelop 2.0's admin dir symlink there is something not working,
yes. You should prefer to do a separate 2.0 checkout with the tag and
link kde-common/admin to kdevelop/admin. The HEAD version (gideon) works
ok, but you shouldn
't mix them :)

Ralf

> Hi!
>   I just updated kdevelop using cvs up -r KDEVELOP_1_4 to get the version
> which will ship with KDE2.2 (as documented here on the list).
>   During the process, cvs nuked all files in the kdevelop's admin directory,
> which was a softlink to the kde-common/admin directory, thus forcing me to
> update this one back (with -A option to cancel possible tagging from kdevelop).
>   It invoked the following questions:
>   Should kdevelop's admin be linked to kde-common/admin ?
>   If not, will kdevelop live with its own, empty admin ?
>   Is it correct CVS behaviour to follow symlinks and update files in other
> modules, even with -r option ?
>   Will be this eventually updated directory in the foreign module tagged with
> the tag used for updating the primary module (so was my -A option a good idea)?
>
>                         With regards, Pavel Troller

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org