List:       kde-devel
Subject:    CVS question
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-07-17 19:15:58

Hi!
  I just updated kdevelop using cvs up -r KDEVELOP_1_4 to get the version
which will ship with KDE2.2 (as documented here on the list).
  During the process, cvs nuked all files in the kdevelop's admin directory,
which was a softlink to the kde-common/admin directory, thus forcing me to
update this one back (with -A option to cancel possible tagging from kdevelop).
  It invoked the following questions:
  Should kdevelop's admin be linked to kde-common/admin ?
  If not, will kdevelop live with its own, empty admin ?
  Is it correct CVS behaviour to follow symlinks and update files in other
modules, even with -r option ?
  Will be this eventually updated directory in the foreign module tagged with
the tag used for updating the primary module (so was my -A option a good idea)?

                        With regards, Pavel Troller