List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Quanta
From:       Matt Newell <newellm () proaxis ! com>
Date:       2001-06-29 7:27:58

On Tuesday 26 June 2001 03:18, Marc Mutz wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 June 2001 00:04, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> <snip>>
>
> > I can appreciate that, however Quanta will remain focused on
> > production web development and will be able to integrate both DTDs
> > and scripting languages along with resources.
>
> <snip>
>
> > Again, I would like to work on a tool that stretches the limits of
> > previous perceptions. If we can produce a better OS, a better desktop
> > and not better tools and programs then I'd quit. Hopefully the next
> > round of development will illustrate the lessons learned in a
> > production web environment...
>
> <snip>
>
> Hm, while I agree with you here, I'd like to throw one thing into the
> "Quo vadis, Quanta" discussion. It's a minor detail, but it would make
> a big difference for many, many people:
>
> "Make it (also) a HTML edit KPart."
>
> I guess KMail could use one with the power of a full-featured HTML
> composing environment behind it.
>
> This would mean, though, to have at least this part purely (in the
> sense of "everything can be done") graphic. Of course, it is always
> possible to make it config'able for the power user to include all kinds
> of functions (even if it is only for composing a HTML eMail..)...
>
> Marc

This seems to be exactly what the Kafka team is doing.  All of their work
right now seems to be getting good graphical WYSIWYG html composing.  They
use khtml to do it so hopefully it will be usable to other programs in the
future.  I think that Quanta and Kafka should aim to work together more in
the future.  It seems that Kafka inside Quanta would be great!

Matt Newell