List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: html parsing
From:       Andreas Schlapbach <schlpbch () iam ! unibe ! ch>
Date:       2001-06-27 16:48:45

Prashanth Naidu wrote:

> > Looks like you want to access the DOM. Look at
> >
> > kdeaddons/konq-plugins/domtreeviewer/
>
> This might really dumb, but I can't find the above path anywhere on my file
> system. Do I need to install a package to have it available?

Yes the kdeaddons-package :)

Or access it here:
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdeaddons/konq-plugins/domtreeviewer/

> > and the docs extracted from khtml.
>
> I ran kdoc on the khtml*.h and on all the header files in the
> /usr/include/dom directory. I think I now know how to traverse the tree and
> extract information but I still don't know which methods I need to use to
> actually parse and construct the DOM tree.

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/2.2-api/classref/khtml/index.html

use document() to gain access to khtml's DOM

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/2.2-api/classref/khtml/KHTMLPart.html#ref28

--
Andreas

--