List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: html parsing
From:       "Prashanth Naidu" <prash_naidu () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-06-27 17:10:43

> Thats very easy. You either load the document with
> KHTMLPart::openURL or cou
> construct it by inputting the HTML data directly with ::begin,
> ::write and
> ::end.
>
> After either end or openURL you just do a document() or
> htmlDocument() call,
> which return DOM::Document or DOM:.HTMLDocument repectively.

Thanks for the info. However, there's one thing I'm a bit concerned about.
As far as I'm aware the KHTMLPart class sets up everything needed to access,
parse and render html (basically a browser). But I don't need to do any
rendering, therefore won't I incur a lot of extra overhead? If so, is there
a more specific class that I can use that just does the accessing and
parsing bit?

Cheers
Prash