List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: html parsing
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-06-27 16:06:38

On Wednesday 27 June 2001 16:27, Prashanth Naidu wrote:
> > Looks like you want to access the DOM. Look at
> >
> > kdeaddons/konq-plugins/domtreeviewer/
>
> This might really dumb, but I can't find the above path anywhere on my file
> system. Do I need to install a package to have it available?

This refers to the path on the current KDE CVS version. You need a recent KDE
source or CVS copy for this. If you don't want to use CVS KDE you can grab
the source tarballs from the KDE 2.2 alpha2 release or the upcoming KDE 2.2
beta1. You can also just checkout the kdeaddons module, though I'm not sure
if it will compile against an older KDE. Even if it doesn't it at least gives
you access to the sources.

See http://www.kde.org/anoncvs.html for a detailed description. In this case
you can use the following two commands to checkout only kdeaddons:

# cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde login
# cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde -z3 checkout -P
kdeaddons

At the login prompt do not enter a password for the anonymous user.

> I ran kdoc on the khtml*.h and on all the header files in the
> /usr/include/dom directory. I think I now know how to traverse the tree and
> extract information but I still don't know which methods I need to use to
> actually parse and construct the DOM tree.

See the domtreeviewer source ;-)

Martijn