List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Error compiling kdebase (kdm)
From:       Roland Riegel <roland.riegel.maillist () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-06-22 17:13:00

Am Freitag, 22. Juni 2001 18:44 schrieb Oswald Buddenhagen:
> > Seems as kdm is causing problems.
>
> try a "make clean" in the kdm/backend directory - it seems so, that
> you have an xdmauth.o, which was compiled without the -DHASXDMAUTH.
>
> greetings

Thanks Oswald, I will try that.

Apropos make clean:
If I understand this correct, make clean removes all already compiled object
files, libraries etc.. That means it will need "full time" for compiling. I
am using CVS for about a week now (a so-called CVS newbie :) and think that
it is one major advantage that you do not need to compile all source after a
new checkout. It might have been random behaviour, but every time after the
first compile and a new checkout (without make clean) kdebase and others
fail. I am wondering if this is quite normal or if something is messed up
with my build dir.

Thanks,
Roland