List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail PGP Signatures..
From:       Chris Howells <chris () chrishowells ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-06-22 17:35:44

Dan Pilone wrote:

>   Finally, and more or less off topic, do people generally have more than one
> ID for a key or generate seperate keys?  Thanks -- Dan

Kind of yes -- but for use with KNode.

When I set up my key, I used 'chris@chrishowells.co.uk' as my e-mail
address.

However, when I post to usenet, I use the address
'chrish@SPAMLESS.gmx.co.uk'. Since KNode uses the e-mail address to look
for the uid in gpg, it doesn't find anything for 'chrish@SPAMLESS.gmx.co.uk.

Since it's not yet possible to choose the identity in KNode that you
want to use for gpg, I though that adding a user id (alias) with the
address of 'chrish@SPAMLESS.gmx.co.uk' to gpg so that KNode could find
it would work fine.

However KNode seems to improperly sign messages most of the time when I
do that -- occassinally it puts a valid signature on, but mostly when I
read the posted message, it claims that the signing was invalid.

I can't see that I'm doing anything wrong, so I think it might be a bug
somewhere.

--
Cheers,
Chris Howells -- chris@chrishowells.co.uk, chrish@gmx.co.uk