List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE and Gcc 3.0
From:       Roberto Teixeira <maragato () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-18 18:29:24

Em Segunda 18 Junho 2001 15:24, Nils Holland escreveu:
> On Monday 18 June 2001 19:56, Mathieu Chouinard wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Does anybody have compiled KDE 2.2alpha2 with GCC 3.0?
> > Mathieu
>
> No, but as far as I am informed, GCC 3 is not able to properly compile
> "real world code" like KDE at the moment. I wonder if the GCC 3 version
> that will eventually be released will be able to do this. Originally, the
> GCC folks wanted to get 3.0 out of the door in the first half of this year,
> but from what I have heard from various people (and from what I have read
> on their website in their release-criteria), I think they're not quite
> there yet...

They released GCC 3.0 today AFAIK. Not a beta or something similar, but the
actual final release.

Haven't got the time to check it yet, though. But I am sure looking forward
to see if it will be really faster (gcc is *so* slow...)

--
Roberto Teixeira, maragato@conectiva.com, maragato@kde.org
Conectiva Linux (http://www.conectiva.com)