List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE and Gcc 3.0
From:       Nils Holland <nils () nightcastleproductions ! org>
Date:       2001-06-18 18:24:30

On Monday 18 June 2001 19:56, Mathieu Chouinard wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anybody have compiled KDE 2.2alpha2 with GCC 3.0?
> Mathieu

No, but as far as I am informed, GCC 3 is not able to properly compile "real
world code" like KDE at the moment. I wonder if the GCC 3 version that will
eventually be released will be able to do this. Originally, the GCC folks
wanted to get 3.0 out of the door in the first half of this year, but from
what I have heard from various people (and from what I have read on their
website in their release-criteria), I think they're not quite there yet...

Greetings
Nils