List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE PIM Roadmap (Call to action)
From:       Larry Wright <larry.tami () gte ! net>
Date:       2001-06-14 11:29:50

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 09:56 pm, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> It is a nit of mine, people seem to think the kitchen sink applications
> like Office and Outlook are what people want but I believe it is more the
> functionality of how some things work together they like. (However these
> applications decide what you get to work together and how.)

I miss having an integrated application such as Outlook, however I also
recognize that other people feel differently. I think the best solution may
be somthing like Koffice, which gives you the option of running everything at
once(ala StarOffice), or individually. It't the best of both worlds and would
IMHO satisfy the majority of users. Of course there are a couple of issues:
1. speed - Koffice running in KOshell is not all that snappy(K6-380, 192mb)
2. Implementation - I haven't looked at much of the kde-pim code outside of
Korganizer, but I would guess this is not a trivial change. But then again,
if there's enough alcohol...

Just my cent and a half

Larry