List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: some kpsread printing problems
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-06-14 11:28:07

> 3.) I think this is a  more general problem of my printer, but nevertheless
> it's here. The HP deskjet series (Deskjet 660c) do not print the last
> centimenter or so, because the paper is hold tight any more. So the printable
> area is a bit shorter than on a usual A4 page. So I loose the last 2 to 4 mm
> of the printable area at the bottom.  I do not know if this happens with
> other and newer HP printers too.

With CUPS, you could hack the PPD file to increase the bottom margin, reducing
then the printable area for the app. Using CUPS, the page size and margins from
the PPD file are used and transferred to the app. Of course, the app has to
take them into account when drawing.
In a PPD file, margins are defined with the "ImageableArea" tag.

Michael.