List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: XML UI Framework
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-30 13:47:02

On Wednesday 30 May 2001 16:37, Mark W. Webb wrote:
> I have created about 10 menu items( KAction ) objects, and have added them to
> the menu bar of my application.  I was just wondering if there was a way to
> programatically add the KAction objects that I have created directly to the
> menu bar without using the XML UI Framework.

Sure, that's what KActionMenu is for.
Basically, you plug a submenu in the XMLUI Framework, and you can dynamically
create the actions for this submenu, without having to mention them in the XML.

Another solution is plugActionList(), which enables you to plug and unplug
a list of actions, that are known as a single name in the xmlui. The difference is that
here it's a flat list of actions, that can populate an existing popupmenu (as opposed
to filling a submenu).