List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SOLVED: Unresolved loader symbols in kate/kwrite ...
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2001-05-30 13:47:47

Dne st 30. květen 2001 15:37 Thomas Leitner napsal(a):
> The problem was (once again) a name clash in shared libraries:
>
> kdebase/kate/interfaces creates a library called libkate.la which gets
> installed as libkate.so under my system.
>
> kdebase/kate/main creates a library called kate.la which also gets
> installed as libkate.so under my system and the interfaces library
> above is lost.

 Should the library for kate.la be kate.so, just like it's e.g. kdesktop.so
for kdesktop.la ? You have probably some flags wrong in Makefile.am .

> The solution is to rename kate.la to katemain.la in the Makefile.am
> in kdebase/kate/main.

 If this is the only solution, either don't bother ... or let's rename this
thing again, now to KateMain . Otherwise kdeinit won't find it, and I don't
think there's any other reason why to have an app compiled as a lib.

> Now for the bothering part: I've already changed this file
> (kate/main/Makefile.am) twice before where I've renamed kate.la to
> katemain.la due to the same reasons and I've committed my changes to CVS.
> Apparently my changes were always overwritten by someone !!! Please avoid
> this.
>
> Thanks // Tom

 Lubos Lunak
--