List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: new startup notification code in cvs
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-05-28 17:21:33

> Hmm... I liked the app's icin much more. I would even like the notification
> to be extended: If you are starting more apps at the same time, show icons
> for _all_ those apps. The distance between the icons and the mouse pointer is
> big enough to make it useful.
Hi!
  I updated today from CVS (my previous update was from last Thursday) and I'm very
disappointed now. Before the update, there was an application mini-icon, now there is
a mini-gear for all the apps. Formerly, the icon was displayed exactly for the
startup time. Now, it is displayed blindly for about 30 seconds, even when konqueror, for
example, starts in less than a second (well done!).
  I'm not a friend of a hour-glass - it looks too m$-ish for me...
  So, if possible, revert to the status from the end of last week, pleeeaaase!

                                       With regards, Pavel Troller