List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: new startup notification code in cvs
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-28 11:41:16

Martijn Klingens wrote:

> On Monday 28 May 2001 07:25, Jono Bacon wrote:
> > [ snip ]
> >
> >  - Secondly...I dont see the problem with an hourglass. I dont feel that an
> > icon is that helpful to the user...although I do believe that it can help.
>
> Hmm... I liked the app's icin much more. I would even like the notification
> to be extended: If you are starting more apps at the same time, show icons
> for _all_ those apps. The distance between the icons and the mouse pointer is
> big enough to make it useful.
Should be Ok and making this configurable shouldn't be bad as well. If
having more than one icon on it, ordering them in square would be fine
IMHO so they don't line up in one row only. At the end the user gets the
choice between no icon, one icon for last started app and all icons for
all started apps with the default to one icon :)

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org