List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KToggleAction in a QWidget
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-24 19:57:18

On Thursday 24 May 2001 22:52, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to be able to put an arbitrary number of checkboxes in a QWidget. The
> number of checkboxes isn't known by the class that maintains them, nor is the
> slot that should be executed on toggle.
>
> I think that's quite close to what KToggleAction does, so I created one and
> plug()'d it on my widget. Next I got a nasty surprise... My action didn't
> show up. Seems like I can't plug() on something that is not a toolbar or a
> menu, or I am doing something wrong?

You can plug an action into anything... as long as the action knows how to
appear ! It won't know, if the parent is a simple QWidget. You need to derive
from KToggleAction and reimplement plug for that case....
You could say that this is a KToggleAction bug/limitation, but well, this hasn't
been needed up to now :-)