List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KToggleAction in a QWidget
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-05-24 20:52:15

Hi,

I want to be able to put an arbitrary number of checkboxes in a QWidget. The
number of checkboxes isn't known by the class that maintains them, nor is the
slot that should be executed on toggle.

I think that's quite close to what KToggleAction does, so I created one and
plug()'d it on my widget. Next I got a nasty surprise... My action didn't
show up. Seems like I can't plug() on something that is not a toolbar or a
menu, or I am doing something wrong?

Does anyone have ideas? I'm almost tempted to create a method addCheckBox(
QCheckBox * ) to my base class and reparent it next, but that sounds like a
really ugly hack to me. I don't want to publish the widget that contains the
checkboxes, IMNSHO such widgets should remain private and never be made
public.

Martijn