List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Red Carpet - Gnome Installer
From:       Jeff brubaker <jeff () biomed ! uakron ! edu>
Date:       2001-05-18 2:19:02

  I just had a brain fart. I am in no way able to implement, but would it
be possible for KDE to use the Red Carpet installer that is part of Ximian
Gnome. It looks like it just uses rpm, and provides a slick interfaces to
subscribing to channels. Could it therefore be modified to install a
subset of gnome to get Red Carpet running, and then install the kde
packages?

-Jeff