List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: previews
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-05-18 2:43:00

Hmm, mail came back with an error, here's another attempt.

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 09:51:46PM +0200, Jelmer Feenstra wrote:

> I tried the new preview with opening a picture to set as a wallpaper,
> however, I noticed that pictures don't seem to get scaled to the preview
> widget's size ? Is it supposed to do that ? :)
>
> Oh, and another thing, the filedialog to browse for wallpapers (I haven't
> seen preview dialogs in any other program yet, nor could I turn it on)
> doesn't seem to be able to sort on the size, date etc columns. As it works
> with a 'normal' filedialog I wondered if this is just related to the
> browsing-wallpapers-one.

eek, this one is a different dialog, not related to KFileDialog. I think it
should be replaced with KFD. There was one bug with the namefilter in KFD,
which I fixed yesterday, where you couldn't enable the preview, when the
namefilter was "*". Now you can enable the preview in all filedialogs,
by simply setting the filter to * (if it isn't already).

And /that/ preview is correctly scaled, too :)

BTW, Martijn Klingens proposed to make that preview mode available in Konq
as well, in the sidebar (like Windows has it). I said, that's the plan, and
that you are working on the sidebar. Maybe he joins and helps out a bit :)

Best wishes,
Carsten Pfeiffer